Do you have great communication skills?
Do you excel at building lasting client relationships?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment?
Silberstein Insurance Group seeks an upbeat person to join the SIG team as an Account Manager. We are growing our Vienna, Virginia office where Advanced Benefit Strategies recently became a part of SIG. This role uses a consultative approach to support our clients and Account Executives in both strategic and tactical matters to develop strong relationships with clients, vendors, and others. We take a highly personalized service approach to clients’ needs and create value through teamwork and a focus on excellence in all aspects of our business.
At a minimum, you must possess the following:
- 5+ years’ direct experience working with group benefits and health insurance plans, including providing superior customer service to both internal and external clients;
- Possess and use a strong understanding of the complexities in the current insurance marketplace and the interplay between HR, accounting/finance, and business outcomes;
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, healthcare administration, or another relevant subject, or equivalent work experience in a benefits brokerage, HR, insurance carrier, or similar;
- Excellent, clear verbal and written communication skills paired with good interpersonal skills including a collaborative approach to problem-solving and proven success in growing and maintaining client relationships;
- Strategic and pro-active in anticipating client concerns and issues, and offers timely, effective, and customized solutions for consideration;
- Great organizational skills, strong time management, self-starter, and attention to detail all needed to respond to client and carrier/vendor questions on a daily basis, resolve claims issues, manage the full cycle of open enrollment activities, and ensure that any data provided is complete and accurate;
- Interact professionally and appropriately with a wide range of people on a daily basis by phone and in person while handling varied tasks and competing priorities; and
- Must have current insurance license and Virginia residents strongly preferred.
Intelligence, curiosity, enthusiasm, and creativity are all necessary for success in our environment. Entrepreneurial attitude a plus. We offer a collegial, family environment with great benefits including health/401(k)/dental/vision and work/life balance. SIG won the SmartCEO Healthiest Employer Award in 2016, Best Place to Work awards in 2015 & 2017, and we have been twice voted “Healthiest Employer” by the Baltimore Business Journal. To learn more, visit www.silbs.com. This person works out of the Virginia office; learn more at www.absico.com. We are part of Alera Group, an innovative business in the insurance services sector; learn more at www.aleragroup.com.
Send resume & cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com with subject line: AM NoVa. Resumes without cover letters will be given less consideration. Wages TBD DOE. No calls & no recruiters please. EOE.
SIG in Baltimore, MD seeks an extremely detail-oriented, upbeat person to join our team as an Administrative Assistant in our Benefits Administration department. This position will support our benefits technology and account management teams using a proactive approach to our clients and vendors. We take a highly personalized service approach to clients’ needs and create value through teamwork and a focus on excellence in all aspects of our business. Requirements include:
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in a professional office environment including data entry responsibilities with past experience in healthcare or insurance a plus;
- Excellent attention to detail while simultaneously handling a range of time-sensitive tasks such as group benefits enrollments, terminations, and other changes, plus regularly audit carrier billings and related administrative support;
- Excellent data entry and organizational skills combined with strong proficiency in MS Office software and efficient execution of administrative tasks;
- Prefer active life/health insurance license in Maryland, or acquire it within 6 months from hire date;
- Good written and verbal communication skills needed for interactions with clients, co-workers, and vendors to generate accurate, timely responses to questions and requests in a friendly, professional manner;
- Collaborate easily with co-workers, keep shared information up to date, and work well alone on projects; and
- Prior work experience in benefits administration very helpful, although not required.
Intelligence, curiosity, enthusiasm, and creativity are all necessary for success in our environment. Entrepreneurial attitude a plus. We offer a collegial, family environment in the lovely Quarry Lake complex with great benefits including health/401(k)/dental/vision and work/life balance. SIG has been recognized as a Baltimore Sun 2017 Top Workplace, Business Insurance 2017 Best Places to Work in Insurance and most recently the Baltimore Business Journal 2018 Best Places to Work. To learn more, visit www.silbs.com. SIG is a member of Alera Group, an innovative business in the insurance services sector; learn more at www.aleragroup.com.
Send resume & cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Admin Asst. Resumes without cover letters will be given less consideration. Wages TBD DOE. No calls & no recruiters please. EOE.
Primary Purpose of the Position
The IT intern will be responsible for supporting the IT Infrastructure department, assisting in day to day technical operations and service request activities. The intern will work with mentors to establish a development plan and gain hands-on experience through support, implementation and project opportunities.
- Actively participate in technology projects and initiatives
- Supporting general Service Desk hardware and software support needs (pc’s, mobile devices, operating systems and documentation)
- Ability to establish, update and close tickets assigned per job duties
- Ability to support pc deployment activities
- Support of technology within conference and training rooms
- Support of printer and other peripheral devices
- Research potential technology solutions and process improvement opportunities
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student focused on obtaining a degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Passion for technology demonstrated by current knowledge and education
- Self-motivated individual with strong face to face customer support and service skills
- Strong technical problem solving skills related to computers and networking
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems
- Proficiency and high comfort level with MS Office (primarily Excel)
- Strong math, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Working conditions requiring the ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Prior hands-on experience with pc imaging and configuration